Vitamins for Men: What do they need
Everyone needs the required daily portion of vitamins and minerals, including the most buffed out guy in the gym. Infact, they probably need it the most, following the kind of workout their body undertakes.
What if the food intake is not an enough source of essential vitamins for men? This is where supplements come into play. There is a wide variety of food supplements available in the market, hence it is important to know which ones are essential for your body.
Essential vitamins for men
- Vitamin D enables better absorption of calcium and prevents weakening of muscle and bones. It also reduces the risk of colon cancer due to Vitamin D deficiency. The recommended allowance is 2,000 IU and less daily.
- Folate or folic acid helps prevent homocysteine build-up causing heart disease. Moreover, red blood cell formation and DNA production essentially need folate. The recommended portion of intake is 400 mcg (micrograms) a day.
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine) plays the role of converting carbohydrates into energy, which fuels a man’s body.
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) plays a vital role in helping cells produce energy. Also, the antioxidants present in it helps the body get rid of free radicals.
- Vitamin B-3 (niacin) not only promotes healthy nervous system functioning but also aids digestion.
- Vitamin B12 prevents dementia, depression and boosts brain and nervous system health. The recommended allowance is 2.4 mcg a day.
- Vitamin E is another source of antioxidant in the list of vitamins for men. It protects cells from free radicals that can damage cells.
- Vitamin A is for good eyesight and immune system. However, one should limit the daily intake to 3,000 IU. Too much of it can have an adverse effect on the body such as weak bones, nausea, and vomiting.
- Vitamin C has a massive amount of antioxidants that staves off aging or helps you age gracefully. It also prevents cold, and anemia and scurvy. The recommended limit of intake is 90 milligrams (mg) daily, to prevent stomach upset.
Most of these vitamins can be sourced from food, which requires eating plenty just to gain the recommended daily allowance. Supplements that are packed with vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients are better alternatives.
Find a variety of vitamins in supplement form for men from Greenroots nutrition
essential, essential vitamins for men, fitness, health, vitamins